Wednesday 30 March 2011

First Review: Lime Crime 'Candy Eyed' Eyeshadow Primer.

I couldn't wait any longer to finally be able to do a review of this product in a forum other the Facebook.



Lime Crime is one of the most amazing make up brands I have ever used in general, their eyeshadows are so highly pigmented and great quality, but more on them in the future.

A few months ago they released the 'Candy Eyed' Eyeshadow Primer, and I don't think I've ever used anything quite like it before.

Lime Crime is not stocked in Perth (Australia, where I live) so I order everything online, and I got this as soon as I could, and it came with the promise of turning any eyeshadow into a long lasting, crease and oil free colour. My god, it's almost an understatement. This product literally makes your eyeshadow waterproof.


Recently in Perth, we experienced a heat wave of more than 50 days where the temperature was above 30C - EVERYDAY! Apart from being torturous, it was also particularly difficult for me because, as you may have noticed, I draw my eyebrows on. So every day I would end up with melted, smudged eyebrows - not a good look for anyone! Then one day I came up with the ingenious idea of using this primer before drawing the brows, hey presto, my eyebrows last all day, even after 10 or more hours I still have to scrub with make up remover to get them off.

The real test was when it came to dancing at Unknown (one of Perths goth clubs) on the weekend... and well... a picture is worth 1000 words...


This was my make up before I went out. On a side note, the light gold/white across the top is 'Nymph' by Lime Crime :)


This was when I came home after close to 4 hours of dancing in a corset, in summer and generally just sweating, and my face is red from scrubbing it all off, but you can see the make up stayed on perfectly.

Another thing I've noticed about the primer is that it makes ANY colour look good... you know how you buy an eyeshadow because it looks really great in the packet and then you get it home and try it and it sucks? You wont have that problem anymore.

The primer costs around $20 and is available from: Lime Crime Make Up

I could go on and on about the product, but yeah, basically, buy it, its the best thing ever, every make up kit should have it ^_^

Miss Nix <3

No comments:

Post a Comment